Some time has passed since my last post. Why has it been so long, you ask? Well, I was waiting to have something to report. We were finally able to take a step forward toward our ISV Partner agreement – but it wasn’t without some creativity.
After getting no response from emails to our ‘ISV Account Exec’, we resorted to sending an email to Leyla Seka, the VP, AppExchange and Partner Operations who’s name appeared at the bottom of our original ‘Welcome’ Partnerforce email. Leyla was awesome. She responded right away, and forwarded our plea for assistance to her staff who were also amazingly responsive. That was on November 1st. It still took a couple of weeks to get a live phone call scheduled, but after the first one, the next couple of steps have moved right along.
So, what are those steps? The Partner Program outlines a simple process of “sign up”, get your Orgs, sign an ISV Agreement, develop/build/release. It turns out, its not quite that straightforward. Here’s an outline of the steps we know of so far:
1. Sign up for the ISV Partner Program
2. Contact your ISV Account Executive (which we found by logging a Case in the Partner Portal asking for our CRM org).
3. Schedule a preliminary qualification phone call with a screener to ensure the application seems viable. (You better have an app in mind)
4. Schedule a preliminary phone call with your Account Executive to discuss your application and get the required paperwork
5. Submit a Business Qualification Questionnaire, a Compliance document, and a Preliminary Term Sheet (be prepared with pricing and a licensing model)
6. The Account Exec will then schedule a Technical Review for your application (your lead Developer needs to be on this call)
7. After the Tech Review, your paperwork is submitted for approval. We’re told this can take from 4 – 6 weeks.
8. After the ISV Agreement is signed, you’re ready to rock (I think)
So, where are now that 7 weeks have passed since our initial Partner Program signup? We’re at Step 5 and are starting to feel the attention and support we anticipated after participating in the various Dreamforce Partner sessions. We had our Account Executive preliminary call today, and she forwarded the paperwork, as well as scheduled our Tech Review for 2 days from now. Granted, our app is written and in Beta, so there was no delay needed from our side.
Stay tuned. The next update should be just around the corner.